When 2013 Commie Football season is reaching exciting conclusion, with Seminoles of Florida State winning thrilling Rose Bowl championship game over Oregon Ducks, every fan is then thinking all American college football action is coming to halt. That PUACF officials is taking long summer holiday in Black Sea resort.
NYET! Is not true! Is too much preparation to do for upcoming 2014 Commie Football season! (Also, is not best year for Black Sea holiday.)
In recent post, you are learning about promotion and relegation. This is process when some teams is moving down from Tier 1 to Tier 2 (and vice-versa) after each season. Is also happening on Tier 2 and Tier 3. Is important for making certain all teams is playing on appropriate level of strength and competition. For Tier 1 teams, is eliminating schedule filled with games against weak, cupcake opponents, like in old BCS system.
Next important process of offseason is realignment. In Commie Football, “realignment” is not curse word! Is not happening because school is hoping to collect more filthy capitalist dollars with better television contract of different conference! Nyet, is happening because in Commie Football, every District is being organized by true geography. When new teams is moving in or out of Tier 1, is creating new geographic distribution. This is requiring realignment to fix. For 2014 season, is three new teams in Tier 1.
Here is convenient outline showing realignment of Tier 1 Districts for 2014 season (new Tier 1 team is in bold like this; team moving to new District is in italic like this):
DISTRICT 1: Is nothing to see. All 12 teams from 2013 is staying same.
- North: Army, Boston College, Connecticut, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple
- South: Maryland, Navy, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Virginia, West Virginia
DISTRICT 2: Is losing 2013 District champion Louisville Cardinals, and also strong Vanderbilt team. But is replacing with popular Georgia Bulldogs and little bit less-popular rival, Yellowjackets of Georgia Tech.
- East: Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
- West: Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee
DISTRICT 3: Toledo Rockets is being relegated to Tier 2. Is causing shuffle of teams, with powerful Louisville Cardinals moving into District. Also, Bowling Green is switching to North division.
- North: Ball State, Bowling Green, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame
- South: Cincinnati, Kent State, Louisville, Marshall, Ohio, Ohio State
DISTRICT 4: With Georgia and Georgia Tech move to District 2, and LSU move to District 6, District 4 is now to welcome Vanderbilt and Arkansas State. Plus, is also new home of Memphis Tigers, promoted from Tier 2. Last, Auburn Tigers is joining Florida schools in East division.
- East: Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Miami (FL), South Florida, UCF
- West: Alabama, Arkansas State, Memphis, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt
DISTRICT 5: Is no change. All 12 teams is staying in same division as 2013.
- North: Illinois, Minnesota, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin
- South: Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska
DISTRICT 6: Is having most changes of all Districts. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks is now relegated to Tier 2, replacement is new promoted team Roadrunners of UTSA. LSU Tigers is moving in from District 4, and is three-team swap with District 7 – Baylor, SMU, and TCU move in, and Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Tulsa move out. Is making most Texas teams now in this District (except Texas Tech).
- East: Arkansas, Houston, Louisiana-Lafayette, LSU, Louisiana Tech, Rice
- West: Baylor, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UTSA
DISTRICT 7: As explaining above, all Oklahoma teams is now moving to this District. 2013 District 7 champion Baylor Bears is leaving. Also TCU and SMU.
- North: Air Force, Boise State, BYU, Colorado, Utah, Utah State
- South: Arizona, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Tulsa
DISTRICT 8: Is only one change. San Jose State is being relegated to Tier 2. Replacement team is Rainbow Warriors of Hawaii.
- North: California, Nevada, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
- South: Fresno State, Hawaii, San Diego State, Stanford, UCLA, USC
Tier 2 is also having realignment, but details is following another day, after short holiday for PUACF officials. Instead of Black Sea, holiday trip is scheduled for Lake Baikal. It is taking many days to reach.