Is hard to believe that 2013 Commie Football regular season is already half of way to finish line. American college football fans is noticing there is not so many teams with undefeated record. With no cupcake games on schedule, only five teams in Tier 1 is still being unbeaten. Is best five teams on Top Power 25 rankings:
- Sooners of Oklahoma (District 6) is best team in nation at this time.
- Louisville Cardinals (District 2) is making steady climb up Top Power rankings.
- Baylor Bears (District 6) is scoring many points on offense.
- Wolverines of Michigan (District 3) is having nickname that is making central authority in Moscow feeling nervous.
- Penn State Nittany Lions (District 1) is enjoying benefit of playing in weak District.
On Tier 2 is also only five teams with zero losses:
- Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky (District 5) is looking like good balanced team.
- Tulane Green Wave (District 6) is maybe best team from very strong District.
- North Dakota State Bison (District 6) is setting up glorious battle for District title.
- Eastern Illinois Panthers (District 5) is surprise team, is only first season in Tier 2 and is scoring many points on offense.
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (District 3) is having strange nickname that is meaning loud, angry rooster.
In second half of season, schedule is also very tough. Every team is playing three games against opponent in same division, four total in same District, plus one against other District and one for rivalry game (Week 11). Is big surprise when team is making it through regular season undefeated. As example, in 2012 only Ducks of Oregon is 12-0 at end of regular season but of course is losing in playoff game.
Like in Bon Jovi song “Living on Prayer” top teams from first half of season is trying to “hold on to what they got” because they are “half way there” to playoffs. Is hoping to not be “shot through the heart” like Ducks of Oregon in 2012 playoffs.