Week 11 is when Commie Football season is getting down to brass gvozd! Going into weekend, is 12 of 16 playoff spots still open, so many teams is fighting hard and pressure is of much intense. Some is finding way to win key games and make into playoffs, but other teams is curling into ball like runt wolf pup, and is being pushed out of warm den into cold Siberia wind and snow, where teams is not making playoffs.
Here is playoff rundown:
- District 1: After losing three in row, Penn State (8-3, #17) is finally doing just so much to make playoffs in South Division, barely beating weak Temple Owls (5-6) 26-20. Boston College Eagles (8-3, #16) is already North Division champ, but is also limping into playoffs – is being spanked in Week 11 53-23 by Clemson Tigers (7-4), like naughty orphan child. District 1 is looking like maybe weakest District.
- District 2 Championship game teams is set after Week 11! North Division champ Virginia Tech Hokies (9-2, #13) is putting 44-19 beating on rival Cavaliers of Virginia (5-6). Louisville Cardinals (10-1, #3) is clinching South Division (and glorious Keg of Nails Trophy!) with 28-19 win over Cincinnati Bearcats (7-4, #23). Playoff dream of South Carolina Gamecocks (7-4, #20) is dead like Crimean soldier after 27-24 loss to Georgia Tech (7-4).
- District 3: Spartans of Michigan State (9-2, #9) is clinching District 3 North Division with 39-25 victory over Fighting Illini (3-9). (Also is because of Week 9 win over Wolverines, is holding tiebreaker.) Ohio State Buckeyes (9-2, #7) is handling pesky Pitt Panthers (4-7) 32-23, is also clinching District 3 South. Final game of season next week vs. Bearcats is not mattering now. Wolverines of Michigan (8-3, #15) is barely beating Northwestern (7-4) 22-20, but is too late, too little!
- In District 4, LSU (9-2, #12) is blowing it in Week 11! Is losing 31-25 to weak Arkansas Razorbacks (5-6), and is handing East Division title to Florida State Seminoles (10-1, #2)! Noles (10-1, #2) is winning 41-29 vs. Auburn (7-4), so clinching East and ruining Tiger playoff hopes! Crimson Tide (9-2, #6) is winning eighth game in row, 47-20 vs. Volunteers of Tennessee (2-9), and is clinching West Division. District 4 is very strong District, like iron!
- With District 5 playoff spot on line, Badgers of Wisconsin (7-4, #24) is choking 28-20 in upset to Iowa Hawkeyes (6-5). Is now three-way tie in District 5 North between Wisconsin, Northwestern, and surprise Huskies of Northern Illinois, who is benefit from weak schedule, beating Ohio Bobcats (2-9) 45-20 in Week 11, and is catching up to top of North Division!
- District 6: In Week 11 battle of top teams, Oklahoma State (10-1, #4) is winning 30-27 vs. District 5 South champ Mizzou (9-2, #10). Cowboys is so clinching playoff spot over Oklahoma Sooners (9-2, #11), who is losing in 29-12 upset to old rival Cornhuskers of Nebraska (5-6). In South Division, Houston Cougars (8-3) is losing 20-15 to TCU Horned Frogs (6-5) but is not matter – is clinching Division title and playoff spot because Rice Owls (7-4) is losing 30-24 to SMU (4-7).
- District 7: Unbeaten, #1 Top Power rank Baylor Bears (10-0, #1) is telling Longhorns of Texas (3-8) who is new best sheriff of Texas administrative district, winning 41-29. In North Division, BYU (6-5) is watching playoff spot slip away after stupid 29-25 upset loss to weak San Jose State (3-8). 2012 champion Aggies of Utah State (6-5) is also losing to 41-24 to Oregon State Beavers (6-5). This is putting Boise State Broncos (7-4) back on top of Division after huge 28-25 upset win over Oregon Ducks (9-2, #5)! Final game of regular season between Boise State and Utah State will determine fate of Division!
- District 8: Oregon loss to Boise is not matter, because is already clinching North Division. In South, Stanford (9-2, #8) is now in lead after 44-24 Week 11 win vs. rival Golden Bears of Cal (4-7). Meanwhile, UCLA Bruins (8-3, #14) is losing bad, 43-19 to Washington Huskies (7-4, #22). Is all coming down to final game between Cardinal and Bruins!
Meanwhile, is also much action on Tier 2:
- District 1: Most shocking game is savage 51-11 beatdown Buffalo Bulls (8-3, #7) is putting on District 1 North champion Maine Bears (9-2, #6), as if Maine is sleeping to rest before playoffs. In South Division, Princeton Tigers and Penn is tied for lead with 6-5 record. But if no team is winning 7th game next week, this playoff spot is instead going to highest rank Top Power team that is NOT earning automatic playoff spot (you are remembering that playoffs is not place for losers)!
- District 2 North Division is crowded like line for bread! Towson (#13) and Old Dominion (#12) is tied with 8-3 record, with William & Mary (#24) and Richmond Spiders just behind at 7-4. Final week will tell story. Meanwhile, South Division champ Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (8-3) is only losing games after clinching Division weeks ago! CCU is now dropping whole way to #19 in Top Power rank, when was once #1!
- District 3: South Division title is all coming down to game next week between Troy Trojans (8-3, #14) and Florida Atlantic Owls (8-3, #18). South Carolina State (10-1, #3) is already clinched North Division.
- District 4: Chattanooga Mocs (8-3, #17) is clinching North Division with 24-17 victory over Bethune Cookman (4-7). Memphis Tigers (9-2) is moving up to #4 Top Power rank and is clinching South Division after 20-16 victory over Southern Miss (5-6). Is holding tiebreaker over Tennessee-Martin (8-3, #15) because of Week 7 head-to-head victory.
- District 5: Buffalo (8-3) is jumping to #7 Top Power rank after huge victory and is winning East Division. Cinderella Panthers of Eastern Illinois (9-2, #5), who is only just being promoted to Tier 2 this season, is surprise winner of West Division after 32-18 Week 11 win over rival Western Illinois (5-6).
- District 6: North Dakota State (10-1, #1 Top Rank) will play Tulane (8-3, #9) in first round of playoffs (District 6 Championship), is enjoying 26-15 win over Wyoming Cowboys (5-6). Meanwhile, Green Wave is losing big 40-22 to McNeese State (7-4), but is not mattering for playoff position.
- District 7: Mean Green of North Texas (10-1, #2) is already winning North Division, but South is tie! UTSA (8-3, #11) is blowing chance to clinch with pathetic 25-8 beatdown by desperate Cal Poly (7-4). Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona (8-3, #16) is moving into tie and is UTSA vs. NAU next week to determine Division winner!
- District 8: Colorado State Rams (7-4, #21) is taking control of North Division after 49-32 victory over Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (6-5). Also Vandals of Idaho (6-5) is being humiliate crushed by New Mexico Lobos (5-6), losing 75-28! UNLV (7-4, #25) is beating UTEP (5-6) 45-10, but is tied with Cal Poly in South Division at 7-4.
Next week is final week of Commie Football regular season! What teams will fight for victory and emerge from football field of battle with glorious playoff spot in hands?