WEIGHT OF BEAR IS TOO HEAVY FOR GREAT TREE
Lone unbeaten team in world of Commie Football, Stanford Cardinal, is falling like Siberian pine tree, losing game finally in Week Nine to District 8 South division rival UCLA Bruins (6-3, #20). This is dropping Stanford (8-1) like old log to #3 Top Power rank, creating empty space for new team to occupy.
Who is new #1 team? Is Sooners of Oklahoma (8-1, #1), who is beating very much TCU Horned Frogs (6-3, #22), by score 51-22. This is creating curious situation in District 6 playoff hunt, where Sooners is now having better Top Power rank, but is stuck like tractor in mud behind Oklahoma State Cowboys (8-1, #2) in North division standings, due to 54-33 OSU victory over OU in Week 2.
Could #1 Top Power rank team in all of American college football be yet disqualify from playoffs?! Da, all is possible in brave, new world of Commie Football!
Here is roundup of Week 9 action in all Districts of Tier 1:
- District 1: Is tense three-way fight for North division lead! At this time, (6-3, #25 rank) is holding advantage following unusual 12-4 victory vs. (6-3, #24) is keep playoff hopes also alive with 55-28 victory over (6-3) is now having 5-game win streak after 25-20 victory vs. (6-3) is yet team to beat after 26-23 victory vs. Maryland
- Is week of many upsets in District 2: (3-6) is surprise spanking (7-2, #13 rank) like rebenok 45-19, yet is North division leader; Georgia Bulldogs (5-4) is upset beating (6-3) 20-13, and is now only one game behind in standings; South Carolina (5-4) is defeating (6-3) 32-27 to make playoff race in South division tight, like kazn’ cherez povesheniye!
- District 3: 2014 champion Ohio State (7-2, #9 rank) is beating 31-22 to hold North division playoff advantage; Michigan (7-2, #5) is defeating Michigan State (6-3, #19) 44-27; In South, (6-3, #23) is beating 37-28 to hold 2-game lead
- District 4: Mysterious East division leader (7-2, #12 rank) is ugly winning 15-13 over Florida ; In big West division clash, is (7-2, #8) defeating (6-3) 41-34 for much drinking of Hotty Toddy;
- District 5: (7-2, #6 rank) is maintaining North division lead after 35-22 victory vs. Golden of Minnesota; Wisconsin Badgers (6-3, #16) is only one game behind after important 26-23 victory vs. Northwestern; In West, Iowa (8-1, #4) is sneaking by Cornh 37-33 to now take two-game lead
- District 6: Big 51-41 shootout victory vs. Arkansas is not enough to lift Oklahoma (8-1, #2 rank) to #1 Top Power ranking; Designation is going instead to rival Sooners of Oklahoma (8-1, #1), who is bad beating TCU Horned Frogs (6-3, #22) 51-22; (7-2, #10) is defeating 30-20 to create two-game lead in South division playoff race
- District 7: (6-3, #14 rank) is defeating Utah State 31-14 to remain in lead of North division, due to Week 3 victory over Utah Utes; But Utah (6-3) is winning Holy War rival game vs. 33-15 to remain close in playoff hunt; Surprise Air Force (6-3) is holding two-game lead in weak South division after 29-16 victory vs. Arizona Wildcats
- District 8: Washington (7-2, #11 rank) is beating (6-3) 34-31 for retaking of North division lead; (6-3, #20) is ruining perfect season of (8-1, #3 rank) in 26-21 upset victory; But is (7-2, #7) who is closest to catching in South division after Trojans beat of San Diego State 32-27.
SOUTHERN MISS TO THE TOP (OF TIER 2)!
Old American expression “Holy Toledo” is what many fan is shouting when reading frightening 78-19 losing score for previous #1 Top Rank Toledo Rockets (7-2, now #9 rank) in Week Nine loss to archrival Bowling Green Falcons (6-3, #17), who is showing no mercy in pursuit of glorious Battle of I-75 Trophy. New #1 Top Power team on Tier 2 level is Southern Miss Eagles (8-1), who is beating Jacksonville State 30-18 to maintain lead in T2/District 4 South playoff hunt. Rest of top five rank teams is Western Kentucky (#2), Georgia Southern (#3), Wyoming Cowboys (#4), and James Madison (#5).
Speaking of cowboys, pozdravleniya to Wyoming Cowboys (8-1, #4 rank), who is first team from either Tier 1 or Tier 2 level to claim ticket to playoff game. With 28-17 victory of Montana Grizzlies, Cowboys is clinching title in weak T2/District 8 North division.