Privet again to every reader! Am just now returning to site after many weeks of long journey to new spring vacation spot of Lake Baikal. Is little bit more cold than normal vacation setting of Black Sea resort in Crimea, but water is very different, very refreshing. You are seeing accompanying photograph and also have longing to visit beautiful Baikal? Here is word of advice – bring flare pistol, in case you are needing of wilderness rescue. This, I am learning hard way!
TIER 2 REALIGNMENT FOR 2014 SEASON
Is now time for review of realignment of Tier 2 teams for upcoming 2014 Commie Football season. Tier 2 is more complicated bear than Tier 1, because new teams are both falling down from Tier 1 and also rising up from Tier 3. This is due to promotion and relegation system.
Here is convenient list showing realignment of Tier 2 Districts for 2014 season (new Tier 2 team is in bold like this; team moving to new District is in italic like this):
DISTRICT 1: Yale Bulldogs is being promoted from Tier 3. This is making Stony Brook Seawolves move to South division, which is in turn causing Blue Hens of Delaware move to District 2.
- North: Brown, Harvard, Maine, New Hampshire, UMass, Yale
- South: Lafayette, Lehigh, Penn, Princeton, Stony Brook, Villanova
DISTRICT 2: Is welcoming Delaware from District 1, which is cause for Old Dominion shift to South division. 2013 South division champion Coastal Carolina is moving to District 3.
- North: Delaware, James Madison, Liberty, Richmond, Towson, William & Mary
- South: Appalachian State, Elon, Norfolk State, North Carolina A&T, North Carolina Central, Old Dominion
DISTRICT 3: Two new teams is promoted to this District from Tier 3 – Charlotte 49ers and Georgia State Panthers. Also is welcome to Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina from District 2, which is pushing Georgia Southern to South division. With three new teams in District, is forcing move of Alabama State, South Alabama, and Troy Trojans to District 4.
- North: Charlotte, Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Furman, South Carolina State, Wofford
- South: Bethune-Cookman, Florida A&M, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Georgia Southern, Georgia State
DISTRICT 4: Is entire new configuration. “East” division from last season is now “North” division, and is including Alabama State from District 3. New “South” division is combining South Alabama and Troy from District 3 with four teams from District 6 – Jackson State, Southern U, Southern Miss, and Tulane. Middle Tennessee and Tennessee State is now in District 5, and Memphis Tigers is earning Tier 1 promotion. Murray State is also being relegated to Tier 3 for this season.
- North: Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Chattanooga, Jacksonville State, Samford, UAB
- South: Jackson State, South Alabama, Southern U, Southern Miss, Troy, Tulane
DISTRICT 5: Is also changing from East/West to North/South divisions. Indiana State is being relegated to Tier 3, and Toledo Rockets is moving in after relegation from Tier 1. Also is now having Middle Tennessee and Tennessee State from District 4. Eastern Illinois and Illinois State is moving to District 6.
- North: Akron, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Youngstown State
- South: Eastern Kentucky, Miami (OH), Middle Tennessee, Tennessee State, Toledo, Western Kentucky
DISTRICT 6: North division is staying same as 2013, but South division is being reconfigure, with five new teams coming from Districts 4 and 5.
- North: North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Western Illinois
- South: Central Arkansas, Eastern Illinois, Illinois State, Missouri State, Southern Illinois, Tennessee-Martin
DISTRICT 7: Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks is being relegated here from Tier 1. Is causing Tier 2 champion North Texas Mean Green to shift to West division.
- East: Lamar, Louisiana-Monroe, McNeese State, Northwestern State, Same Houston State, Stephen F. Austin
- West: New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Texas, Northern Arizona, Texas State, UTEP
DISTRICT 8: Is only one change. Hawaii is moving up, and San Jose State is being relegated here from Tier 1.
- North: Colorado State, Eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana, Montana State, Wyoming
- South: Cal Poly, Sacramento State, San Jose State, Southern Utah, UC Davis, UNLV
WHAT IS NEXT?
Next on Commie Football offseason agenda is release of 2014 schedule for all Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams. You are remembering – because of innovative organization of teams, no team is having easy schedule filled with cupcake opponents! Also, site will soon be having update to map.