After five games in 2013 Commie Football season, you are beginning to see that some teams are playing better than others. But is always some surprise. For example, who is predicting Baylor, Louisville, or Huskies of Washington in Top 5 of latest Top Power 25?
On Tier 2, Mean Green of North Texas is beating New Mexico State 31-22, but is also falling to #3 in rankings. New top team in Tier 2 is unbeaten Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky from District 5. Also big jumps for North Dakota State and Tulane.
Week 5 is usually good games, because is having top teams from last year all playing each other. In many cases is rematch of last season’s District Championship game (round one of playoffs)*. Here is scores of revenge rematches:
- District 1: Penn State 26, Rutgers 22 (Nittany Lions is having revenge!)
- District 2: South Carolina 42, North Carolina 28 (Tarheels is not having revenge.)
- District 4: Alabama 30, Florida State 24 (Seminoles is not having revenge.)
- District 5: Wisconsin 34, Nebraska 27 (Cornhuskers is not having revenge.)
- District 7: Utah State 41, Arizona State 37 (Sun Devils is not having revenge.)
- District 8: Oregon 36, Stanford 35 (Cardinal is not having revenge.)
So is only one Tier 1 team having District Championship revenge! However, is many weeks left in season and is always possible that same teams are in destiny to fighting again in first round of playoffs.
*In some cases it is not rematch of last season’s District championship game because of yearly District realignment. As example in District 6, Baylor Bears is having moved to District 7, so cannot have rematch with Golden Hurricane of Tulsa.